Repiping is the complete removal of old pipes and the replacement of new pipes in a plumbing system that provides a permanent fix. Typically, residences over 30 years old will need a repipe or if there is a recurring problem.
Which Plumbing Systems can be repiped?
There are different plumbing systems you might need repiped. The following systems can be repiped:
- Potable Water System – distributes clean hot or cold water
- Drain, Waste, & Vent System – this system carries waste and water out of the house
- Gas System – provides heat to your residence through your appliances
How Will I Know if I need a Repipe?
The following signs will help you determine if you need a repipe for any of your plumbing systems.
- Potable Water System: low water pressure, water has a rust tone, leaks
- Drain, Waste, & Vent System: excessive and constant clogging, drain leak, root intrusion, corrosion and build-up in cast-iron pipe
- Gas System: the odor of gas is noticeable, increase of gas bill, buried gas lines are more likely to leak over time due to the soil, soil causes corrosion
What Material is used for Repipes?
Ted & Bros Plumbing uses premium material and provides superior work quality. Listed below are the materials used for each type of repipe.
- Potable Water System: Copper Type-L and Uponor Pex
- Drain, Waste, & Vent System: Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)
- Gas System: Track Pipe